Sunday, April 10, 2016

Video: Sharing My Cancer Journey

As many of you know, I had the incredible opportunity of sharing my story at a fundraising gala for Pink Pearl in Toronto on Friday night.

When I watched this video last night I was in shock. I don't feel like the woman sharing her story is me because in that moment I felt entirely weak, emotionally exhausted and completely at the end of myself. A few hours before this speech I had sent a desperate text to my prayer group girls, begging them to pray big time because my speech wasn't finished, I was feeling physically sick, my voice had been cracking all day, I was emotionally exhausted from the week and I also wanted to have an incredible night with all the family & friends coming to support us. I was banking on experiencing the truth in this verse, "When I am weak, He is strong."

This video is evidence of these verses in action, of my God in action, because I sure didn't have the strength on my own...

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you
for my power is made perfect in weakness.' 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, 
I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong." 
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
 Filmed by Daryl Wilson
YouTube Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QYiKA-jvek

"Embracing a Life of Hope"

Surrounded by love and prayers... so thankful for this crew! 
(Sorry to those we missed in this picture, love you all.)

8 comments:

  1. Julia you are such a blessing ! I don't know you personally nor did we speak much at Firestview ever since my family started going there but our Prayers are with you and yours !!! ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, you and your family are absolutely incredible people. I pray everyday that you and the family are given the strength and grace to tackle each day. Keep on sharing your lovely smile and journey with others. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite verse! And you radiate it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, I have been praying for you for a while, but especially lately, as I wake up at night thinking of you! I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last fall, and your blog has been an encouragement to me to be joyful and thankful and faithful even in the middle of this. So I pray for your light to continue to shine, and that you will always find all peace and hope in the Lord Jesus as the future unfolds. God bless and keep you!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, I equally hardly know you (personally) but want you to know how much your honesty, courage and positivity in the face of adversity are a blessing to others! I pray the knowledge of the unrelenting love of your heavenly Father, family and many friends will encourage and sustain you. Thanks so much for sharing your journey. Love & prayers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see your strength coming from God - anything is possible with Him! My daily prayers are with you. Joyce DeBoer

    ReplyDelete
  7. In awe of your strength and beauty <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please jump in on the conversation or just say hi!